happy first five-day of awktober, here is this weeks Friday Five:
1. Lordy Lorde: in august I posted a link to Lorde’s “Royals” as I seriously could not get it out of my head for weeks. This week Lorde (apparently pronounced “lord”) made her American TV debut on Late Night and scared me in the best way. This gurl is seriously cool and somehow only 16. Makes you wonder doesn’t it, Taylor Swift. GAH, she’s so cool
2. dream huge: if I need reminding that dreams come true I usually watch Ben and Matt’s or Cuba’s Oscar speeches, or take a gander at my background photo (me and JT). This week I was reminded yet again when my good friend Jessi had her life made when she met her person, Derek Jeter. She also did so with one of the coolest stories ever.
3. quotable: “There’s something so romantic about being broke in New York. You gotta do it. You have to live there once without any money, and then you have to live there when you have money. Let me tell you, of the two, the latter is far better.” – Amy Poehler
4. Chic Chick: my roomie and bestie Sofi has her own bloggy blog where she gives Corporate America a fashion lesson, because lets be honest: those folks need it. So put the red Lord[e] & Taylor[Swift] pant suit down and listen to Sofija.
5. applause: my mom sent me this link of a letter a grandfather wrote to his daughter after he learned she disowned her son for coming out. It is harsh, epic, and sassy/ makes you think granpa is also gay amirite? I kid. Serious standing O for the old guy, his grandson is insanely lucky to have him. Off to write my own disown letter to my mom for reading Yahoo News.
less than 3, patty