happy sunday-six again friends!! i mean, did you really think it would only be a one time thing? – me asking myself
1. sister sister: the most important thing from the week is that my oldest sister Caro visited me! we spent our days together catching up (hand’t seen her since May, gross), and eating- don’t worry there isn’t another diez-sister food post coming your way. she left me yesterday but luckily I’ll be seeing her again in a few weeks for
more eating Thanksgiving!
2. leaf me: yesterday Sofi also left me and I felt like the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, “why you want to leaveee meee?!” A quote no one caught when I uttered it making me consider getting new friends. Anyway Sof is off to the motherland and she will be missed terribly!
3. barf: the alternate title for this article was “Some of the reasons we hate Taylor Swift.”
4. the struggle: my family has forever been broken down into pale and tan, but I’m seriously a category all my own. It’s been a struggle and any time I get the slightest “tan” I get excited, only to then be the only human who notices any color. Yet another buzzfeed article is making it to the Sunday 6 amigos; side note: if a real light skinned person would have written this they would know we prefer the term fair over pale.
5. refreshing: corny yes but ‘refreshing’ was the first word I thought of when I heard of the a cappella group Pentatonix today and saw their crazy good evolution of Beyoncé vid. I of course didn’t stop with the one video and now I not only subscribe to their videos but I started a fan club and bought tickets to their upcoming nyc show. I kid but sometimes thats how my quick obsessions feel.
6. : no words, just right.
love you all, JT more though – patty
happy weekend and
saturday sunday my saints! (this post started as the saturday six) you may or may not have noticed there was no friday-five this week [or sorry notes], BUTTTTT the procrastinator in me saw the opportunity for a new weekly! Here you have the first ever Saturday Sunday six- man, I’m the worst.
1. movember: more importantly than it being the weekend, today means we are on the rode to the most wonderful time of the year: movember. I don’t even really know what it’s for but I’m all about anything that’s for a good cause and, perhaps more importantly, leaves the men of the world with beards. Did you know it is scientifically proven that men look better with beards? This tested theory will make you look twice at your coworker who forgot to shave or your professor who grew a beard for his Halloween costume.
2. tko: speaking of beards and jt, this week I woke up one morning to a long overdue new jt vid. If you haven’t seen this I seriously suggest preparing yourself. The video not only knocked me out but now I also want to knockout Riley Keough. Seriously, are you ready for this? Nope, you’re not. Drool here.
3. impress: somehow my stand-up comedian binge morphed into watching videos of celebrities doing impressions of other celebrities. Here’s my favorite!
4. subway smiles: writer Yosef Lerner did a little experiment that left me even more heart-eyes for nyc. If you’re like every other New Yorker you probably never thought twice about the little black-and-white sign at every subway station, assuming you ever even noticed it. Watch and love here. Did my own experiment last night where I just pointed to the conductor.
5. hallowugh: sorry all but once my mom suggested I was too old for trick-or-treating, halloween just lost it’s touch for me. Dressing up is always fun but once you step outside and see a slutty-nun kissing a guy failing at a ferris bueller costume you’re reminded that people ruin everything. Especially this chick.
6. side eye: this article from HuffPo. In a word: nope.
good to be back- p